Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 82: Pretend City

We have some family in town visiting this week.  Their daughter is only 6 months older than Charlotte (and 10 months older than Cooper) so the kids have a new friend to play with this week.  Today we went to Pretend City (children’s museum) and they had a blast.  I was particularly challenged with the brightly colored walls (which caused terrible color casts) and no where to bounce a flash.  I took my camera to ISO of 1600 and dropped my shutter speed to 1/100, plus shot as wide open as I could.  The kids also moved FAST, so in many cases I ended up with blurry pictures or focus points on the wrong item.  I also stand crooked I realized…I need to work on that.  Anyhow, here are some that turned out okay considering the challenges.

Cooper being a farmerDSC_2699_edit_wm

Checking out the baby chickensDSC_2697_edit_wm

Charlotte decided it was much quicker to drive the cars if she stood up.DSC_2696_edit_wm

The only photo will all three of them in in one shot.DSC_2657_edit_wm

Cooper being the firehouse dispatcherDSC_2639_edit_wm

Water, water, water!  Charlotte’s favorite!DSC_2628_edit_wm

Pumping gasDSC_2589_edit_Wm

1 comment:

One Big Happy said...

Wow! That looks like a really great place:) Fun!! I love toddlers.