Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 169: Summer fun in the sand

The first two are straight off the camera, except for watermarks.  I attempted to use ACR tonight and it reminded me a lot of Lightroom.  I think it’s a great tool for simple post processing, although I feel like I have less control than with Photoshop.  It’s probably more of a perception issue since I feel more comfortable with PS. 

I do like the recovery slider, since it’s more straightforward than attempting to recover the highlights in PS.  The only thing I don’t like is that when I save the photo from ACR it seems to make my photos cooler.  I think this is a color profile issue as it seems to set my profile to Adobe RGB when I save, rather than using sRGB.  I’ll have to figure out how to correct that problem.

They love to fling the sand around and I just love how these photos turned out.  The first one my camera focused on the sand particles and which blurred the kids…I think it's a pretty cool effect.  Adding texture without any editing!  (You can tell I don’t hold my camera straight.)

DSC_7916_wm

This one just screams fun to me.  It’s pure joy on Charlotte’s face.DSC_7917_wm 

Cooper was fascinated with the sand flowing between his fingers.  I wish I had been sitting further back from him so I hadn’t chopped his head, and I probably could have used a higher f/stop so that when I focused on his hands, his face remained in focus as well.  I still love his expression though.DSC_7940_edit2_wm

First photo entered for Trendy Treehouse Summer Fun.  For more Summer Fun photos click below:Shutter Love Tuesdays

3 comments:

Niffer said...

I love the sand pictures. They're really neat and they turned out perfectly, especially since you didn't need to edit them.

Ashley Sisk said...

I absolutely love the sand...and your SOOC shots are awesome. They look like they're having a blast!

janineb said...

I predict a plethora of "sand particle" photos trend to follow in your wake on the boards. that is a very cool effect!