Sunday, June 13, 2010

Scavenger Hunt

1.  Green:  One of my favorite dresses in my closet, that I haven’t even worn yet!  I generally wear pinks/oranges, and solids, so this was one of my first purchases in stepping out to cooler colors and patterns.  Now I just need to get the courage to wear it!

DSC_7656_edit_wm

2.  Round:  Metal wall art in my living room.  I was trying to work on editing this photo and using textures (inspired by Ashley’s editing style at Ramblings and Photos).  I think it’s going to take more practice, but here is the before and after.

DSC_7762 DSC_7762_edit2_wm

3.  Dirt – Missed this one.  I”ve come down with a stomach bug.

4.  Dad:  One of my favorite photos of my dad because it’s one of the few where he is smiling.  He didn’t know someone was taking his picture.  Of course now that he has long hair and a long beard (he was always clean cut growing up), I see grandpa instead of dad.  This is because Charlotte and Cooper chant Bampa, Bampa whenever they see a picture of him.

IMGP1120_edit_wm

5.  Chocolate:  Smores Goldfish.  It really seems like a great idea, but the reality is that it tastes nothing like smores.  It’s not bad, but I don’t love it.  The marshmallow fish are like Lucky Charms marshmallows.  (Using my 35mm wide open and playing with depth of field.)DSC_7757_edit_wm

Assignment for next week, due on Sunday June 20.  One of these can be from your photo archive.  Be creative and remember that it doesn’t have to be a literal interpretation.

1.  Sky 

2.  Reflection

3.  Health

4.  Sun Flare

5.  Two of a kind

4 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

I love what you did with texture and I do think it takes practice so keep practicing! Great work.

lisa said...

I love the angle you did with the dress! The texture adds a nice element to your "round" entry too. Your dad looks like a wonderful man - excellent captures! Hope you feel better!!!

Holly said...

What a cute dress! You should definitely wear it soon :)

Tamara said...

I love the dress, maybe you can line up a sitter and have a special date night with the hubs!

I had a long conversation with my mommy-friends just the other day about Goldfish, since I never buy or look at them in the store I never realized they had so many flavors, next time I'm at the store I might have to buy one of each and try them out, they all seem like they'd be delicious, lol.