Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day 303: Pumpkin Carving

The kids understood pumpkin carving this year.  It was so cute to see how excited they were.  My dad came over to help and he seemed to enjoy carving pumpkins as well (I don’t think he’s carved pumpkins since me and my siblings were kids!). 

I have to admit that I really wasn’t in the mood to take any photos, so I feel like these are just quick snapshots.  The color is all over the place because of the competing light sources…I gave up on consistency with these ones and just accepted that I was glad I caught the moment.

DSC_0872_edit_wmDSC_0879_edit_wm

I love the look on Charlotte’s face looking at my dad helping her.  DSC_0878_edit_wm

Cooper kept taste testing the pumpkins.  I’m beginning to wonder if he will ever grow out of ‘mouthing’ everything!DSC_0898_edit_wm

Charlotte tried blowing the candle out inside the pumpkin.DSC_0907_edit_wm DSC_0906_edit_wmDSC_0912_edit_wm  

Then I had grand plans of taking some photos of my dad and the kids outside on the porch.  Yeah, that didn’t work so well because they were a little wound up.DSC_0925_edit_wm

This was after pumpkin carving—which was obviously a bit exhausting.  They never sit this close to each other and I love the way Cooper is sitting.  Notice his outfit?  Yep, 3 shirts.  A long sleeve green shirt, a green polo, and then the striped green/blue/gray shirt.  Plus shorts.  Go figure.

  DSC_0928_edit_wm

1 comment:

Jen said...

Jae kept tasting the pumpkin too, lol!