Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Year, New Challenge

For the most part I really enjoyed the 365 challenge.  I learned a TON about photography and I definitely see improvement in my photos.  I also ended up with so many awesome photos of my children and I love looking back and seeing how they’ve grown over the year.

For 2011, I don’t have the time to commit to taking photos, editing and blogging every day.  I want to do other things, like get my body back to pre-pregnancy shape now that I’m done breastfeeding.  I also want to learn how to knit, and volunteer more (I already tutor for math once a week).

This year I’m only committing to a 52 week challenge.  I have to take at least one photo a week and blog about it.  I’d say there is a good chance I will take more than one photo a week, but I feel like this is a more doable challenge.  I will probably also post more before and after shots so that I can improve both my editing and my straight off the camera shots (I find that I learn more when I have to ‘fix’ the photos).

(At some point I may do a look back on 2010…maybe.  I took well over 1000 photos every month, so that’s a big undertaking!)

1 comment:

Jen said...

Great idea! I am going to do the 52 week project too :) Glad I can watch your kiddos for another year!